Friday, January 5, 2007

Notre Dame

The Sugar Bowl was the first time I really saw Notre Dame play. Ben noticed a big flaw in Brady Quinn's mechanics. Rather than use his back foot to plant and drive the ball, he picks it up. It's an awkward motion. I don't know if he always does it or if he just did it that game. He's supposed to be a top 5 pick, so it will be interesting to see if the analysts talk about this. I was generally unimpressed with him.

Jeff Samardzija, the wide receiver who is also supposed to be a first round pick, pushes off on every play. It doesn't get called much, but it says to me that he isn't as good at getting open as he should be. He's also white.

These are just my impressions from one game, probably ND's worst of the season. It might be unfair to generalize.

No comments: